Sunday 13 January 2013

Trust

I have not made any New Year's resolutions this year.  I do not think it is realistic to do so when I will spend at least 3 months recovering from Surgery and then many more months getting back to my new normal.  I would love to be able to get back to some kind of exercise routine later on this year, and this should be feasible as part of my recuperation is going to Cardiac Rehab.  I also look forward to a time later this year when we can go on a really special family holiday.

So instead of resolutions I have chosen a word (as I did last year).  This year my word is TRUST.  In the light of what I am going through in a few weeks time I thought it was incredibly apt.  I need to learn to trust God a lot more.  I have taken to writing quotes etc in my book again and one of the Hymns I recorded there is the following one:


Simply trusting every day;
Trusting through a stormy way;
Even when my faith is small,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Singing if my way be clear,
Praying if the path be drear;
If in danger, for Him call,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Trusting Him while life shall last,
Trusting Him till earth is past,
Till His gracious advent call,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Trusting as the moments fly,
Trusting as the days go by,
Trusting Him, whate’er befall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.


I am going to be out of action for some time and part of TRUST will be that I put in other people.  I will have to let people help me.  I will have to allow those close, and those not so, to do the things that I now take for granted until I am able to do them again.   I will need to spend some time during my 'getting better' to work out this issue in my life.  I will need to learn to drop the suspicions I have of some people and believe that some will actually like me.  There is a lot that I need to learn this year and I hope that the time off (not relaxing as some people seem to think.  I can think of much better ways to get 12 weeks off!!! Sorry, I digress) will afford me some time to work through these issues.


No comments: