Sunday 29 July 2012

"Good Evening Mr Bond"

I watched all of the opening Ceremony of London 2012.  Apart, from a small part around midnight where I slipped into semi-unconsciousness. The whole evening was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

My husband was ecstatic that his musical hero had nearly a 15 minute slot.  Mike Oldfield shot across from the Caribbean to play a short set.

As a family we oohed and aahed at the magnificence of the whole occasion.  The celebration of Britain and her achievements.  But the highlight for me was the James Bond sequence and the brief appearance of the Queen.  How on earth did Danny Boyle manage to swing that one?  I also loved  Mr Bean's take on the 'Chariots of Fire' film.

The final 'cauldron' was a piece of art both in structure and the lighting of it.  That sequence made us all look to the future.




So all the best Team GB in the next few weeks.  I look forward to seeing you at the closing Ceremony.  And then at the Para-olympics after that.  After all, it is what I got a TV licence back for.

No comments: