Sunday 10 October 2010

Adoption

I have been affected by adoption in a myriad of ways.  As a Christian I believe that through Jesus and His death and resurrection I have been adopted into the family of God.  I have lots of brothers and sisters that I otherwise wouldn't have.  A spiritual connections with people from across the globe (and the internet brings some of them close.)

My 'here-on-earth' children were brought to me by the adoption system of my country.  Some of the people I rub shoulders with would like that fact to be erased from history, and hint that the mere mention of the word is somehow wrong.  On the other hand, others would like me to believe that adoption is the only thing our family is defined by.  I know the impact it has is different on any given day; how my children feel, how I feel, etc etc.  My children have very different opinions on their adoption and all the issues that spring from it.  The other day I was amazed as they tried to explain to each other their diverse thoughts on this complex subject.  If I didn't have a self-imposed ban on photos of them on my blog I would post a picture here.  Please imagine 2 rapidly growing girls with pale freckled complexions and red hair.

I assume this video is doing the rounds as I came across it in 2 separate places this morning and thought I would share it here.  I found it a good reminder.


Isaiah's Story from 31Films on Vimeo.

No comments: