Some of the strongest memories I have are of the church I was brought up in and I was reminded of them today whilst listening to a Wes King album.
- I remember the parties at Christmas when we all piled into the 'Sports Hall' of the church and everyone joined in the games, mostly revolving around food and chocolate.
- The summer outings when they were whole day affairs consisting of a trip in the morning and races and food in the afternoon. Large trestle tables heaving under the weight of all the vituals so lovingly prepared. I never won any of the races but I packed a decent amount of that food away.
- The wonderful choruses we used to sing. Led by our lovely Sunday School leader.
- My Sunday School teachers who taught me so much of the bible. A confirmation of what my parents thought me at home.
- Learning bible verses so I could get my Covenantors badge and the coloured pieces of felt that went with it!
- Having a service long 'foot-fight' with my brother and then being really told off by mum.
- The old godly Christians who took time with us young children and befriended us and prayed for us as well.
- Mum and dad's friend who would come around often for meals and the presents he would give us at Christmas.